ads

01 May 2015

PHOTOS: Meet the New Fattest Man..


He starts his day with a fry-up breakfast made up of four sausages, five fried eggs, a pan-full of mushrooms. Consumes vast quantities of ice cream, thinks nothing of devouring an entire loaf of bread smothered in a whole jar of jam at one sitting. He cannot walk, wash or dress himself.

Now 412kg, Carl Thompson has been awarded the dubious honour of Britain's fattest man. He took the title from postman Paul Mason, who dropped from around 444kg to 139kg after having a gastric band fitted.

According to UK media, the 32 year old man has not had a job since he was 17 when he worked in a food factory. At the time Mr Thompson said he ate everything the factory didn't sell. But after the
death of his mother in 2012 from a brain tumour, Mr Thompson turned to food as a means of coping with his grief.
'That’s how I put all this weight on. I was very close to my mum,' he said speaking of his mother. 
'She was fantastic, and I still haven’t got over it.'  
Having been admitted to hospital for heart attacks and septicemia in the last three years, Carl is facing death unless he drastically changes his diet. But unlike Paul Mason, previously Britain's heaviest man, Mr Thompson said he does not want to undergo gastric band surgery.
'I need to go somewhere to lose my weight naturally because I can’t do it on my own,' he said. 'I don’t want a gastric band, they’re dangerous. I’d like the help of a dietician and a psychiatrist to help shift the weight.”
He is confined to the ground floor flat where he lives alone in Dover, Kent, kept company by a team of NHS carers who come to bathe him and cook for him every day. 
 

Carl with his mum

After her death

Carl today


No comments:

Post a Comment